Job hunting is difficult. Over the years I've built up a list of questions I like to ask in interview meetings to try and get an understanding of the company, the culture and the team. I don't ask all the questions but use this list as a guideline.
### The high-level questions
* What does the company do?
* How big is the company?
* What is the actual role?
* How many people are on the team?
* Who would I be reporting to?
* What is the salary package or salary range?
* What is the hiring process?
* What is your leave policy for vacation, sick, and parental?
* If unlimited leave - I typically like to take _X_ number of days of leave a year, is that ok?
### Questions related to the team and work delivery process
* How does the team view code ownership?
* How does the team and company prioritise and plan work?
* What is the development process? Sprints?
* How many meetings are typical in a week?
* How long has the team done remote work?
* How remote savvy is the company?
* How do the team and company brainstorm, research and plan work? Is this through meetings or RFC’s
* Is a meeting the first thing in this process or only if something cannot get resolved?
* How does the product team help the development team?
* How much autonomy does a developer have?
* When are typical meeting times?
### Startup Business related
* What is the product market fit for your product?
* How do you see me helping you grow your company and market?
* How do you get traction and grow the platform?
* What are the main focuses for the next few months?
* What is the current time before you will need more funding?
* Chance of getting funding?
* What do you have to do to get that funding?